Photo by H. Baumeister
- Full Professor IMT - Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca
- Director of the Research Area in Computer Science and Applications.
- Coordinator of the Ph.D. Program in Computer Science and Engineering.
- Leader of the SysMA Research Unit.
- Editor-in-chief Journal of Logical and Algebraic Methods in Programming
- Editor for:
- Member of the Steering Committees of
- Member of Gruppo 2003
- Member of IFIP WG 2.2 and of IFIP WG 1.8
- Program Committee Member for
ResearchDe Nicola's research aims at understanding the foundations of distributed computing and at applying the formal techniques based on these foundational studies to the development and the analysis of concurrent distributed systems. Current research concentrates on Network Aware Programming, Global Computing, Service Oriented Computing and Systems Security. De Nicola is the author of over 100 publications in international refereed journals and conference proceedings, and has been invited speaker or lecturer for many international conferences or schools. An outcome of this research is TAPAs, a Tool for the Analysis of Process Algebras, supporting (teaching of) specification and verification of concurrent systems. De Nicola has also contributed to KLAIM, a Kernel Language for Agents interaction and Mobility.
HonoursDe Nicola has been honoured with the title of "Commendatore Ordine al Merito della Repubblica Italiana."
PatentUSA Patent 6751619 (with A. Rowstrom): Methods and apparatus for tuple management in data processing systems.
CitationsDe Nicola is in the ISI-Thomson list of highly cited researchers.
For publications and citations see also
Links to old papers
- Testing Equivalences Processes TCS paper 1984
- Two Complete set of Axioms for TCSP, Information and Control 1985.
- Testing Equivalences and Fully Abbstract Models for Communicating Processes, PhD Thesis University of Edinburgh 1985.